AWARDS ⭐ :
- 3 Years full Doctoral scholarship within the AVEMPACE III mobility scheme, Erasmus Mundus, Action II.
- To the Doctoral School of Computer Science in Technische Universität Graz, Graz, Austria.
- Outstanding Paper and Video Award in European Stakeholders Summit on experiences and best practices in and around MOOCs (EMOOCS 2016), February 2016. Austria.
- Khalil, M., Kastl, C., & Ebner, M. (2016). Portraying MOOCs Learners: a Clustering Experience Using Learning Analytics. In Proceedings of the European Stakeholder Summit on experiences and best practices in and around MOOCs (EMOOCS 2016), 265-278. Graz, Austria. Link
- Outstanding Paper Award in the World Conference on Educational Media and Technology, June, 2015. Canada.
- Khalil, M., & Ebner, M. (2015, June). Learning Analytics: Principles and Constraints. In Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications (pp. 1326-1336). Link
Main Research Interests:
- Learning Analytics
- Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs)
- Big Data
- Educational Technology
- Security/ Ethics/ Privacy in all previous fields
- 11th European Conference on Game Based Learning, Graz, Austria. October 5-6, 2017. ( as a Speaker). Website.
- Fifth European MOOCS Stakeholders Summit (EMOOCs2017), Madrid, Spain. May 22-26, 2017. ( as a Speaker). Website.
- International Conference on Education and New Developments, Ljubljana, Slovenia. June 12-14, 2016. ( as a Speaker). Website.
- Innovation Arabia 9, Smart Learning Excellence Conference, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. March 7-9, 2016. ( as a Speaker). Website.
- Fourth European MOOCS Stakeholders Summit (EMOOCs2016), Graz, Austria. February 22-24, 2016. ( as a Speaker, PC Member, Organizer, Chair). Website.
- Interactive Collaborative Learning 2015, Florence, Italy. September 20-24, 2015. ( as a Speaker). Website.
- Learning Analytics and Knowledge 2015 Workshop, Ethics and Privacy in Learning Analytics. Poughkeepsie, USA. March 15th, 2015. ( as a Speaker). Website.
- Sixth European MOOCS Stakeholders Summit 2018 (EMOOCs 2018), Delft,
Netherlands. April, 23rd, 2018.
- The 10th Center for Education and Learning Innovation Room. Delft,
Netherlands. October, 13, 2017.
- Fourth European MOOCS Stakeholders Summit 2016, Graz, Austria. February 22-24, 2016. Website
- Invited speaker at the Center for Education and Learning 10th Innovation
Room, (13 October 2017), Delft, Netherlands.
- Invited panelist at Edraak Regional Conference on Educational Technology in
MENA region, 13th August, 2017, Amman, Jordan.
- Invited speaker at the Center for Education and Learning 9th Innovation Room,
(9 June, 2017), Rotterdam, Netherlands.
- Innovations for Community Services (I4CS 2016), Vienna, Austria. June 27-29, 2016. Website.
Program Committee Member:
- The international conference, Mooc Maker 2017, Antigua Guatemala.
- User Modelling, Adaptation and Personalization (UMAP ’17), Bratislava, Slovakia. Website.
- Wearable Technologies, Knowledge Development, and Learning (aWEAR’16), California, United States. Website
- Fourth European MOOCS Stakeholders Summit (EMOOCs2016), Graz, Austria. February 22-24, 2016. Website
- Third European MOOCS Stakeholders Summit (EMOOCs2015), 18-20 May, 2015, Belgium. Website
- 23rd European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS 2015), Münster, Germany. 26-29 May, 2015. Website
- Formal Associate Editor, International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Learning (iJET). 2017-Present. Website.
- Proceedings of the EUROPEAN STAKEHOLDERS SUMMIT on experiences and best practices in and around MOOCs (EMOOCS 2016). Mohammad Khalil, Martin Ebner, Michael Kopp, Anja Lorenz & Marco Kalz. Website
- Guest Editor in a Special Issue on Advancing Research on Open Education, Journal of Computing in Higher Education, Springer. Marco Kalz, Martin Ebner & Mohammad Khalil. Website
- The International Review of Research in Open and Distributed Learning.
- Journal of Research in Innovative Teaching & Learning, Markus Ebner & Martin
- Digital Workplace Learning- Bridging Formal and Informal Learning with Digital
Technologies book, Dirk Ifenthaler (Eds). Springer.
- Formal Reviewer in International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Learning (iJET). Website
- Reviewed in a special issue on OER at Journal of Computing in Higher Education 2016.
- Reviewed in Handbook of Learning Analytics and Educational Data Mining 2016. George Siemens and Charles Lang (Eds).
- Reviewed in a Special Issue on Smart Environments and Analytics on Video-Based Learning in Smart Learning Environments Journal, Springer.
- Reviewed in IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies 2016.
- Reviewed in Handbook of Research on Digital Tools for Seamless Learning 2016. Martin Ebner & Süleyman Nihat Şad (Eds). IGI Global.
- Lecture on Learning Analytics and Massive Open Online Courses to BSc and Teacher Trainee Diploma students. Presentation , Workshop results
- Lecture on Big Data and Learning Analytics. In Social Aspects of Information Technology online course, 2016. Website
- Moderating Preconference EMOOCs2016 MOOC and Lecturing about clustering MOOC participants, 2016. Website
- Lectured about iOS Human Interface Guidelines for designing iOS Apps for master and bachelor students. Presentation
- Master Theses
- Gamification Elements in Online Courses-A Potential Analysis, completed.
- Co-Supervision of Using gamification in MOOC discussion forums, completed.
- 1 Master Project
- Anonymization of Learning Analytics Data, completed.